Arugula is one of my favorite greens that I could use in every dish. I always enjoy the strong peppery flavor and spiciness, that’s what makes it stand out to other greens.
The bite in wild (especially) arugula comes from Iso-thiocyanates, which are phytochemicals that neutralize carcinogens in the body.
ARUGULA SALAD WITH GRILLED PEACHES AND HONEY –BALSAMIC GLAZE
- 1 package (2 oz) arugula
- 4 firm-ripe peaches
- ½ cup goat cheese or more
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup honey
- Nice olive oil for drizzling
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the honey and balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan and let it simmer for 10 minutes or until nice and thick but pourable then set aside.
- Turn on the barbeque grill to 350 F ( or use a grill pan if you prefer)
- Slice the peach in half and remove the pit
- Grill the peach halves, cut side down for 5 minutes, or until nicely charred and warm through. Turn upside down and baste with the balsamic glaze. Continue grilling until fully cook and tender, and the skin removes easily from its flesh
- Remove the peaches from the grill then peel the skins.
- Arrange the arugula on the plate and pile the peach on top. Top with goat cheese, drizzle more balsamic glaze, and olive oil around. Sprinkle the almond slices, a few grinds of black pepper and salt to taste. Serve immediately while the peaches are warm.